Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pope Pius IX Death Mask


Pope Pius IX Death MaskClick Photo to Enlarge


Pope Pius IX (May 13, 1792 – February 7, 1878), born Giovanni Maria Mastai-Ferretti, was Pope from June 16, 1846 until his death. His was the longest reign in Church history, lasting 32 years. He defined the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, which decreed that Mary, mother of Jesus, was conceived without original sin, and that she she had lived a life completely free of sin.


If you Dugg this article, tell others about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Credits

This blog represents the collected body of information I have accumulated as I continue my studies of this dying art. In compiling this information, I have relied heavily upon the works of others to check and cross check its accuracy. I have attempted to give credit where credit is due, but there are cases in which I was not able to positively determine the original contributor’s works. I thank those individuals in advance for their hard work.

Kindly bookmark this blog, and check back frequently for more information. I update and revise it daily.